Monday, April 1, 2013

A Big Surprise

Hi there. Hope everyone enjoyed the long Easter holiday. We enjoyed a little road trip to see family for the first time in a while. We've felt a little tied down due to the always pending construction decisions so it was nice to step away for a couple of days. There were however some things happening while we were away! As a matter of fact hubs said "I can't believe we are leaving THIS weekend!" because he had been told this and that would happen but honestly that's always the case and I didn't want to put off seeing family once again just in case something happened at the house.   On the way back into town we decided to stop by and take a look and SURPRISE......they had finished our countertops, installed door hardware and finished our back porch railing!

It was so good to walk away feeling half decent about a couple of things.

So first up is the countertops! More specifically the island. I think I might be in love. It is huge.  I'm so glad we went with the Silestone in Lagoon for the whole space.  We had considered doing their gray expo on the perimeter to cut costs but it wouldn't have been so bright and I'm diggin it!




OK you guys know by now I only take phone pics anymore so bear with me and this horrible shot of our lovely little scratch and dent stainless apron sink.   I think I likey!!  


This is the master bath double vanity with gray expo countertops.  Hubs is still working on the whole staining of the cabinets thing so hopefully this will look more finished ASAP.  We are also still waiting on someone to come measure for the tempered shower door glass.



The kids bath got the gray expo too!


And BAAM we can finally get down to the back yard without twisting an ankle.


We went with the hog wire look for the back porch railing because well...because we like it.  We were going to do a cable rail system in the beginning but we decided not to venture there with our builder because I'm certain he has never done anything like that before.  
We love the way it turned out.  Mostly because it makes it look less like a construction site!



The electrician had also been there as well.   I don't think I have shown you guys the front porch light we bought a while back?  It's been hanging there for a bit but he didn't have the "cagey part" on there so I had never taken a pic but here she is.  I love her too....





As for the hardware I totally forgot to take a picture of the handles on the doors but here is a peek of the pocket door handles/pulls.  We felt like the standard small circle ones would be funny looking on the 8 foot doors so I found these instead.  I like that they are more substantial but simple.


So there you have it.  There were some things that hadn't happened too.  The driveway guys wanted to pour the concrete on monday(tomorrow) but the builder hasn't had the dozers out there to move the dirt and such yet so they haven't been able to finish framing it or lay the rebar. And most importantly we still don't have water or power in the house yet. Here's hoping for a promising week.

I'll leave you with a lovely big surprise that I noticed when talking to contractor J as we stood in the kitchen/dining area.


A gorgeous rainbow!  I was really taken back by this today.  I have always admired a rainbow like most of us have but there was something really special to me about seeing this reminder from God on this special Easter Sunday!


1 comments:

Dana Frieling said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, my...it's looking so gorgeous! It's your own little Easter miracle. ha!