Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring it Up!

Well can you believe Spring is upon us?!  I love love love it!  We have finally had quite a bit of rain in our area and things are blooming like crazy.  Our highways are covered in bluebonnets,  the grass is greener than it's been in a long time and when the weather is this awesome people are just happier don't ya think?  

If we weren't in such a temporary living situation right now I would be very tempted to spring up our casa a lot more.  (I must admit as much as I like decorating it has been kind of nice to be in this temporary state of mind..aka...don't buy a thing we don't really need for the house because we don't have room and truth be told we don't NEED it)  So I will live vicariously through "pretend" decorating via the wide world of web;)

So in order to get some spring decorating out of my system I contributed a spring moodboard to the Zinc Door Spring Color Design contest on Olioboard.

.





and here is what I came up with...

I tried to keep it doable for almost anyone's current furniture situation by taking really neutral furnishings and just changing up the accessories to make a really fun and springy living room.  Even if you have little to no budget I think you could put this together.  I can picture taking some green paint to a jute or sisal rug, spray painting some fun funky old lamps, and adding some bright pillows.  I would love to see this room everyday when I get home!  Would you?

If you like this room it would tickle my fancy (is that something naughty?  If it is ignore it...I get my sayings all mixed up;) if you would click on my "Spring it Up" board above and vote for it in the Zinc Door Spring contest.  Purty Please!!!



get this look

  • Longboards Required Wooden Sign 20""Hx14""W Ivory/Orange"
  • Thomas Paul Flock Green-Cream Flatweave Dhurrie Rug
  • Alice Sofa Console Table 32""X48"" Steel Gray Pewter"
  • Lazy Susan Layered Leaf Resin Mirror
  • Bungalow 5 Cordova Chartreuse Lamp
  • Lazy Susan Accordion Resin White Container
  • Bungalow 5 Fairfax 6 Drawer Grey Cerused Oak Cabinet
  • Armen Living Ruxbury Tufted Sofa - Cream - LC10103CR
  • Marquette Chair
  • Echeveria And Moss Ball In Wooden Planter 9""Hx9""W Green"
  • Holbrook Side End Table Home Decorators Collection Accent End Tables
  • Adam & Viktoria Tulipa Candy Pink Pillow
  • DL Rhein Amalfi Persimmon Embroidered Linen Pillow
  • 302 Desk Phone 5.5""Hx9""W Silver Chrome"
  • Landon Chartreuse Sphere
  • DL Rhein Zig Zag Orange Embroidered Linen Pillow
  • Bexley Green Throw
  • Orange Slice Table Lamp With Shade (orange Slice Table Lamp With Shad
  • orange chick candleholder - orange chick candleholder
  • Orchids In Round Mosaic Mirrored Planter 32""Hx12""W Pink"
  • Driftwood End Table
  • PATIO Bookends by Blomus
  • Petrie Chair
  • Bargain Basement Item: Trina Turk Avenida Rectangular Pillow In Pink
  • Jonathan Adler Throw Blanket Nixon Orange
  • Vintage Uzbek Pink and Orange Decorative Pillow
  • Toma Vase
  • Mesa Planter - Large
  • UrbanOutfitters.com > Ampersand Marquee Light
If your interested in any of the products above there are links to them when you go to my olioboard.

Pin It
Photobucket

0 comments: