Sunday, March 25, 2012

Even Eggs are Trendy;)

 This is no eggstraodinary post!  (I couldn't help myself;)  I have had these little paper mache eggs laying around for weeks and had different plans for them...Probably a better plan really but I don't know that I will get around to it.  So in an effort to not let them go untouched before Easter I broke out the paints!  



These paper eggs were 40% off of 8.00.




There were 12 in the bag.


I honestly wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them after I got them all painted up and I was trying to figure out how I would let them dry without rolling all over the place but as I was digging around and ran across these in my messy crafting cabinet.



They are wood spool things(obviously I'm not sure what they are for) left from a project that I didn't get around to at  Christmas;)  You see how my ideas are shot down by lack of hours in the day?;)  Oh well, maybe next Christmas!

This would not only help me have a place to dry them but I just paint these guys up too and make a simple display for the eggs.


For some reason I can't get "into" lots of bunnies and fluff for Easter.  That may change someday and actually maybe it should now because I'm sure the kids would love it!  But...for now simple little hints of Easter are the way things are going around here.  


 Here are some close ups of what else but some Ombre, Chevron, and Ombre mixed with Chevron uncrackable, never gonna rot Easter Eggs!


So there you go...



It's a trendy piece of mantle art!
Except I can't remember to get a pic in good lighting on the mantle;)

Oh but wait!  I didn't leave the kids out....

Here is there version

Bitty baby's on the left, little man, then miss ballerina's on the right.

Love them!

linking to the parties at:
Photobucket

1 comments:

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said... Best Blogger Tips

LOVE your on trend Chevron eggs! They are EGG-tra-ordinary in deed! :) Thanks for sharing!

xo Lynda