Monday, June 20, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

So here we are...Somewhat at a stand still.  The house has been all tidied up for the market and I don't need to spend another dime on decorating of any sort so I will pretend!
When we move the girls will be sharing a room.  Now keep in mind they are 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 so I may be going a little overboard with the mood board but they are too much fun to throw together.  Unfortunately as usually my brain is all over the place when thinking about how I want to do the girls room.  I figure this will be my one and only chance to do it without lots of opinions from them so I should just go for it. I am really drawn to red/turquoise and pink/turquoise combos but I am also loving gray/yellow and then flat out beachy beigey neutral looks.  Who knows where it will end up.  Actually I am sure it will end up not being decorated for a long time.  Until that is I find a couple of great comforters at a great price at Marshals or something and then I will just go that route because that is how I roll..No plan..just buy it if I like it and it is cheap enough kind of decorating.   So if I could go out and decorate their room today with no limit on budget...this is how it would turn out.  

I threw a lot of what I am liking these days in there.  Mix matched furniture and pillows. Ruffles, rustic and new, classic and chippy with a little mod and definitely a splash of bold.  
You know what is funny?  A while back I did the same thing for my pretend living room and look what I chose.
Same exact floors...and very possibly the same wall color although I think the one in the girls room is brighter.  I guess I am more consistent than I think;)!

0 comments: